Last Updated on
On March 13, 2007 I turned over the keys, and signed over the deed to my house. That is the date I celebrate as the beginning of my travels. That was the point of no return.
This year I’m going to do something a bit different to celebrate my time on the road. Most of my readers weren’t around during the beginning of my travels, so they might only have been paying attention to my most recent adventures. I also always get asked by people what my favorite places are.
I’ve decided to address both those things with a vengeance!
Starting tomorrow I will do something very out of character for me: I will begin a series of lists of my favorite places in 11 different categories. These lists will become permanent parts of my site and will be linked to up the main menu of the site.
Periodically, I’ll be updating the lists as I visit more places.
Here is what the series will entail:
- Favorite Cities (March 14)
- Favorite Museums (March 15)
- Favorite SCUBA Sites (March 16)
- Favorite Historical Sites (March 17)
- Favorite Natural Sites (March 20)
- Favorite Cuisines (March 21)
- Favorite Buildings/Structures (March 23)
- Favorite Drives (March 27)
- Favorite Experiences (March 28)
- Favorite Beaches (March 31)
These lists will be 100% subjective based on my own opinion. Much of my opinion may have been influence by conditions during my stay.
This will be a fun exercise for me because it will force me to go back and think about places I haven’t thought about in a while.
I hope you enjoy reading it half as much as I did doing it!