There are 17 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Central America. These sites are broken down into the following: 9 cultural sites, 7 natural sites, and 1 mixed site.
- Area de Conservación Guanacaste
- Cocos Island National Park
- Precolumbian Chiefdom Settlements with Stone Spheres of the Diquís
- Maya Site of Copan
- Río Plátano Biosphere Reserve†
- León Cathedral
- Ruins of León Viejo
- Archaeological Site of Panamá Viejo and Historic District of Panamá
- Coiba National Park and its Special Zone of Marine Protection
- Darien National Park
- Fortifications on the Caribbean Side of Panama: Portobelo-San Lorenzo †
- Talamanca Range-La Amistad Reserves / La Amistad National Park
View my complete list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.