This week’s guest is Amy Widdowson from Nile Guide.
Amy Widdowson got her first taste of travel while chasing geese in Vancouver’s Stanley Park at the age of two, and hasn’t stopped running around the world since. As Marketing Manager at NileGuide, Amy interacts with and expands the company’s user network through the blog, newsletter, and social media. Previously, Amy was the Publicist at Alberta Theatre Projects in Calgary, where she coordinated local and national media coverage for the regular season and the renowned Enbridge playRites Festival of New Canadian Plays. Prior to that, she worked as Marketing and Development Associate at DonorsChoose.org in New York, while serving as a Media Intern at Joe’s Pub at the Public Theatre in the evenings. Born and raised in Calgary, Canada, Amy graduated with honors from Princeton University with a degree in European History and a minor in Theatre and Dance.
This Week’s News
- Disturbing new job – Sunscreen Applier
- Lufthansa offers iPhone loser free ticket
- seven of the best travel viral videos of all time
- Seven Best Videos for Travelers
- Spirit Airlines adds non-reclining seats to new planes
- DOT: No airline to be exempt from new tarmac delay rule
- Joan Collins excess baggage bill: $4,966 for $180,000 in luxury bags
- Why More U.S. Expatriates Are Turning In Their Passports
- Did Boobquake Facebook group spark Taiwan earthquake?
Picks of the Week
- chris – Zomm.com
- Jen – New York Times Travel Section, Dining section Europe
- Gary – Palau de les Arts Reina Sofía
- Lillie – AroundTheWorldL.com
- Amy – Lauren Quinn LonelyGirlTravels.com @travellauren