I’m alive in Vanuatu. I’m working on my arrangements for this weekend. I’m hoping to spend two days on the island of Tanna.
- Obviously much poorer than New Caledonia – around Tonga/Samoa levels of income it seems.
- They have put much more effort into tourism than other countries I’ve seen in the Pacific.
- French and English are both spoken. It is like Canada in that respect but more mixed. They speak a common language of bislama, which I will write more about later. It’s fascinating.
- I’m really excited to find some ‘hairs of pele‘ at the volcano. I’m a guy who spent 3 hours in the rain on this trip searching for reticulite in Hawaii.
- I want to try and learn some bislama.