For the last few months I’ve had dozens of people asking me about where and when my 2015 travel photography tour was going to take place. After working with G Adventures for the last few months, I’m finally ready to make the announcement.
This year’s travel photography tour will be heading to South America and will be in the GALAPAGOS ISLANDS!
This will be the 4th continent in 4 years that we’ve taken the photography tour.
I had the pleasure of visiting the Galapagos Islands in 2011 and I’ve been dying to return ever since. It is one of the best places in the world to photograph wildlife and it has some of the most unique creatures on the planet.
The tour will start and end in Quito, which like the Galapagos Islands, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. There we will do a tour of the city and photograph many of the sites in town.
From there we fly to the Galapagos and board the G Montserrat. This isn’t a rinky dink converted fishing boat. Check out the images of the ship in the link to get an idea of where we will be staying.
Once on the ship we will will spend several days exploring the islands, photographing the unique birds and reptiles which inhabit the Galapagos.
Best of all, because we are on a boat, we don’t have to spend time every day traveling between destinations. Our hotel will come with us! That means there will be even more time every evening for instruction and photo critiques.
The tour runs from September 1-11, 2015. Price is $4,399 and that includes quite a bit:
- Hands on photography instruction from ME for entire length of the tour as well as virtual instruction before the tour in our private Facebook group.
- 7 nights in the Galápagos Islands aboard the Monserrat
- Arrival transfer from the airport on Day 1
- Flights to and from the Galápagos Islands
- 2 Certified Galápagos National Park Service guides
- All landings, excursions, and transportation
- Use of snorkelling equipment
- Visit to a wildlife interpretation centre
- Learn travel photography tips from host Gary Arndt
- City tour in Quito
- 10 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
- 3 nights in a hotel and 7 nights aboard the Monserrat in twin-share or double cabins
For more detailed information on the tour, please visit the G Adventures website for more information.
I’ve enjoyed all 3 of my previous tours and I am looking forward to seeing you this September in Ecuador!
Here is a sample of what you will be seeing in the Galapagos: