]I’ve been racing around Europe for almost a month now and I am really starting to feel the effects. I haven’t written a thing for the website this entire week. I’m exhausted almost every night. I’ve managed to keep up with my photo editing somewhat, but I still have a lot to do.
Despite the poor condition of much of the physical infrastructure in Bulgaria, surprisingly enough they have some of the best wifi I’ve seen in Europe.
I’m still on my G Adventure trip through Romania and Bulgaria. The last two days I’ve been in Veliko Tarnovo, the old capital of Bulgaria. Today I’m in Belogradchik in the northwest part of the country, not far from Serbia. On Wednesday I’ll be in Sophia and on Friday I’ll be pulling into Istanbul by train.
On June 8th I’ll be flying from Istanbul to Vancouver by way of Berlin to speak at the TBEX conference. If you are in the Vancouver area, there are a few events I’ll be attending if you’d like to meet in person:
- June 9, 8pm, G Adventures Concept Store: I’ll be speaking at the G Adventures Concept store in Vancouver about my travels, showing photos and answering questions.
- June 10, 1-5pm, El Nido Restaurant: My This Week in Travel co-hosts and myself will be doing a meet up and recording a live show at El Nido in Vancouver near the convention center. Everyone is welcome and there is no cover charge. We expect several dozen bloggers and people in the travel industry to be in attendence.
Anyway, here are some things I thought you might find interesting:
- Dave and Deb from ThePlanetD.com, Sherry Ott of Meet, Plan, Go and Rick Griffin of Midlife Road Trip TV are going to take part in the Mongol Rally. They will be driving from London To Ulan Batur by car. They are giving away a trip this week to Mongolia or Peru. This looks to be a very exciting journey and you should check out their website.
- Why is it so hard to learn Danish?The Copenhagen Post
- VIDEO A video of the stars moving at night, but with the stars held constant and the Earth moving Bad Astronomer
- The Weak Foundations of Arab Democracy New York Times
- Fury and despair among Yemen’s youth leaders The New Republic
- Self Control in an Age of Abundance Reason
- Free floating planets may be more common than stars Astrobio.net
- Göbekli Tepe and the creation of religion National Geographic