One of the hazards with all the running around I do is that occasionally things don’t go as planned. Flights get canceled, dates get changed, etc. You get the idea.
I was supposed to be traveling to Spain at the end of February, but the event I was going to be speaking at has been posponed. I am flying to New York City on the 17th where I was going to catch the flight to Spain, but now my ticket is a one way trip to nowhere.
That means I have about 10 days in my calendar where I have nothing scheduled, nowhere to stay, and I have no idea what to do.
The added twist to this is that that New York Times Travel Show takes place in New York on Feb. 25-27. I wasn’t planning on attending, but if I’m in the area, now I might as well.
So I’m opening things up to take some advice from the crowed on what you think I should do.
My general options break down as follows:
1) Stay in New York. Pros: I don’t have to go anywhere else, I can meet people and get some work done. Cons: New York is damn expensive and the though of paying for 10 days there gives me a rash. It is also winter and I didn’t really pack for cold weather.
2) Leave New York and come back for the travel show. I could go somewhere in the region that is cheaper and come back on the 25th or 26th. I’d still need to find something to do and somewhere to stay.
3) Leave NYC and forget the show. Screw New York, go somewhere warmer and wait out my time in sunshine before I go to the island of Lanai.
What say you?