The last week has been amazingly hectic for me. I had an 9 day stretch where I slept in a different city every night. London, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Cologne, Eisenach, Dresden, Leipzig, Wittenberg and Berlin. The hours I’ve been keeping, the weather, the travel schedule have all been bearing down on me to the point where I was starting to get sick.
I normally don’t move this fast, but I wanted to get the most out of my 2-week Eurail pass. I only wish I could have done it in the summer, as the sun sets so early now that there isn’t as much time for photography. Also, it is much easier to walk around town in warm weather.
I’ve gotten a heavy dose of Germany history in the last week, following in the footsteps of people like Luther, Bach and Goethe. I’ve learned more about pre-20th Century German history this trip than I have in the rest of my life combined.
This has been my first real visit to Germany. I’ve been in the country before, but never really explored it properly.
Tomorrow I’m off to Liverpool where I’ll be for a few days before heading to Northern Wales. From there I go to Dublin, up to Belfast and then to the Isle of Man and then Scotland.
I’ve also never been anywhere in the UK outside of London before, so this will also be a new experience for me. Also, the temperatures in the UK seem about 5-10C warmer than they are in Germany.
I am looking forward to that!
- Vote for your favorite Travel Twitter personality
- The Loneliest Places On Earth (INFOGRAPHIC) Huffington Post
- Physicists extract light from seeming emptiness World Science
- Quantum theorem shakes foundations Nature
- Tracking wave-powered robotic gliders across the Pacific Google Earth Blog
- Americans leave an average of 11 vacation days on the table each year Gadling