Tomorrow I’m heading off to Anaheim to speak at the North American Travel Journalist Association convention in Anaheim, CA. It turns out the conference is being held next to Disneyland and the conference attendees get a pass to the parks. That means I’m going to visit Disneyland for the first time ever! I’ve been to Disney World a few times but never Disneyland.
Next week I’ll be heading to Toronto for the G Adventures annual company meeting in Niagara Falls. On Sept. 27 I’ll be giving at speech at the Future of Tourism event in Toronto. After that I’ll be heading down to South America! (more on that soon)
A few weeks ago I went to Lake Tahoe to watch the filming of a Hotels.com video where JT Homes jumps out of an airplane and reserves a hotel while in freefall. While they did shoot multiple takes of the scene, he did actually book a room in freefall. They had to check the 3G status that high up in the air. Also, all the people around there are real guests. Other than clearing a spot on the beach, everyone around were actual guests. The guy he talks to when he lands is an actor, but that was it.
- Singapore, Capital of the World? More Intelligent Life
- On Change in India Gurenica
- Know Your Rights: Photographers ACLU
- Adult sandbox in Las Vegas isn’t for Tonka trucks MSNBC
- Apollo 17, then and now Bad Astronomer
- Why al Qaeda Is Unlikely To Execute Another 9/11 STRATFOR
- Why Is It So Hard to Find a Suicide Bomber These Days? Foreign Policy
- A corn flake shaped like Australia Sydney Morning Herald
- Past and present of the Salton Sea The Atlantic