Gary is currently in Town of Ellington, WI (Aug 31st, 2014)

365 Photos Later….

Today marks the one year anniversary of me putting up my very first daily photo. I had already been into my trip 9 months when I decided I had a large enough stock of photos to begin putting them up every day. The very first one was a shot I took from the plan when I arrived in Tarawa, Kiribati. I believe I was in Japan when I started it.

If you’ve been following along for a while now, you’ll notice a few things:

• I try not to have a country represented twice in a week. The exception to this is Australia because I was there for so long. It treat each Australian state as a country for this purpose.
  • Not all the photos are artistic. Some are just snapshots of signs or other oddball things, which are often more informative.
  • Sometimes (especially in the last week) I might be late in getting a photo up, but I make up for eventually. There were 2 days in June I missed, but I eventually went back and filled them in. Other times I have lined up a month in advance. I really should do that more often. It would make life easier on me.
  • I had to take down the Lightbox plugin that showed the larger image on the screen because it would crash Internet Explorer. I hope to have it back up again soon. I’m coding all the photos so they will work going backwards.

I hope everyone has enjoyed the photos. It isn’t easy updating a website on the road every single day, but somehow I manage to do it.

Lets hope I can do 365 more.

Comments

1. Greg says:

Congrats Gary, keep it up! Cheers.

2. Blog Tactic says:

Congrat for your dedicated work/hobby.

3. Beijing says:

I like your blog, as you said that some photos are not artistic but it is perfectly ok, it looks more real.

4. stix1972 says:

Happy blogoversary. It does go by fast doen't it. Love you blog, some cool pics. i wish I could travel all the time also.

5. I am organising my trip around the world now.
    I will also take a lot of pictures but I am not sure about my skills as photographer:-)
    However I will do my best as I believe pictures are moment of your life that you cannot forget.

6. Neil Duckett says:

Nice work mate, keep it up.

7. busby_seo_test says:

You inspire me. Hope I have money like yours so that I could also travel around the world to see and get photos of the many wonders of the world.