Jen, Chris and I are joined by this week’s guest Paula Froelich, editor of Yahoo Travel.
For the last few months I’ve had dozens of people asking me about where and when my 2015 travel photography tour was going to take place. After working with G Adventures for the last few months, I’m finally ready to make the announcement.
This week Jen, Chris and I recorded a rare show without any guests. It is sort of fun to do this every so often.
This Week’s News:
- Man sued for sharing cheap flight loophole
- Passenger Shaming
- Chinese passenger opens emergency exit of plane to get a breath of fresh air
- Passenger reunited with lost luggage – 20 years later
Picks of the week:
2014 was another landmark year for me in terms of travel and photography.
- In February, I was named the Travel Photographer of the Year by the North American Travel Journalists Association.
- In April, I was named the Travel Photographer of the Year by the Central States Chapter of the Society of American Travel Writers.
- In April I also took the Gold Medal in the annual Northern Lights Awards by the Canadian Tourism Commission for photojournalism of Canada.
- In September, I was runner up in the Travel Photographer of the Year competition for the Society of American Travel writers.
- In September, I also won a Lowell Thomas Award in Photo Illustration of Travel. My 3rd Lowell Thomas Award in as many years.
All-in-all, not a bad year.
1440×900 | 1280×1024 | 1280×800 | 1024×768
2560×1600 (MacBook Retina 13?) | 2880×1800 (MacBook Retina 15?)
This winner in last week’s photography contest is Darren Clarke! He won for his photo of prayer flags in Nepal. He will be getting a $200 voucher to use on a trip with G Adventures and a year of photo hosting on Smugmug.
During my trek to Mount Everest base camp I snapped this photo after a tough climb to the memorial for those that lost their lives on Mount Everest. I spent a lot of time here reading the names and enjoying the contrasting beauty of the mountains and all the prayer flags. When I look back at this photo it reminds me why I travel and why it is worth the effort and cost. #MountEverest memorial, #Nepal. #everythingeverywhere
The theme for this week is: holidays and festivals.
The theme for this week’s contest is: Mountains.