Last Updated on
Today I’m off to Madison to go shopping at REI. The local sporting goods stores really specialize in stuff like hunting and fishing, not backpacking and travel. I’ve found all the stuff I’m looking for at REI in the Twin Cities and now the closest store is in Madison….so off to Madison I go.
My goals today are as follows:
- Backpack. I really need to get this ASAP so I can start packing. I’m looking mostly at the Osprey line of travel backpacks.
- Underwear. In particular the ExOfficio boxer briefs. They are expensive as underwear go, but they are designed for travel.
- Shirts. Probably ExOfficio shits as well. Quick drying and anti-bacterial so they wont stink.
- Socks. I really don’t know what I’m going to do. My feet can really stink after a day of heavy activity.
- Sandals. My Tevas served me well for about a decade. Its time to move on.
- Sleeping sack. Really just a silk cover to protect me from bedbugs and other nasties in hostels.
- Pack Towel. Something big that dries quickly.
This should give me a good chunk of what I need for gear. I should have a update with photos later tonight.