2014 was another landmark year for me in terms of travel and photography.
- In February, I was named the Travel Photographer of the Year by the North American Travel Journalists Association.
- In April, I was named the Travel Photographer of the Year by the Central States Chapter of the Society of American Travel Writers.
- In April I also took the Gold Medal in the annual Northern Lights Awards by the Canadian Tourism Commission for photojournalism of Canada.
- In September, I was runner up in the Travel Photographer of the Year competition for the Society of American Travel writers.
- In September, I also won a Lowell Thomas Award in Photo Illustration of Travel. My 3rd Lowell Thomas Award in as many years.
All-in-all, not a bad year.
Here are some of my favorite photo of 2014. I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I did taking them!
You can also check out my year-end photo essays for 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
Read more2014: A Year In Photography