Gary is currently in Toronto, ON (Sep 18th, 2014)

Photo Essay : Dubrovnik, Croatia

Last year I was invited on the inaugural cruise for the Carnival Magic. While cruising isn’t something I normally do, one of the ports which attracted me to this trip was Dubrovnik, Croatia. I had never been to Croatia before and Dubrovnik, in addition to being a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is often listed as one of the top attractions in the world. My day in Dubrovnik was overcast and rainy, but it was still enough to capture essence of the city.

Croatia is high on my list of places to return to. I didn’t spend nearly enough time there to do it justice.

Comments

1. Barnes says:

I love photo essays, this one is a beautiful introduction to Dubrovnik.

I think you can tell a lot about a place by what it looks like in the rain, and from your pictures it looks wonderfully atmospheric.

2. Stunning photos! I so must make the effort to visit one time. I’ve seen Croatia from Slovenia, but not managed to step foot there yet.

Love the blog, kind regards, Si

3. Jen says:

Love the fourth picture especially.

4. Bethany says:

Nice photos Gary! I always wanted to visit Croatia – looks like a really cool place.

5. The photos are amazing. Croatia is definitely at the top of my travel list!

6. Tony says:

We’re spending a month right now about an hour south of Split, Croatia and loving it! Still the off season so it is quiet, but right by the ocean with warm weather and beautiful sunsets. Can’t get better! We’re planning a few day trips to Split but have already decided to add at least 2 days

7. Robert says:

Stunning pics! Thanks for sharing! Didn’t expect Dubrovnik to be so beautiful :)

8. Emma says:

How may we get updates on your Best Of page?

9. Andrea says:

What a gorgeous city!

10. Zorica says:

Photos are amazing! What camera are you using? :)

11. Bill W says:

I agree with Alyca. Anyway you could fill us in on your secrets?

12. andy says:

yeah fanastic pics. can’t wait to go there in just a few weeks now, cheers

13. Wow, I was just thinking about Croatia for this summer. Now, I think it’s a must!

14. alyca says:

It would be great if you posted the camera settings on some of these pics, for those of us amateur photographer wannabes out here. Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures.

15. Izy Berry says:

I love these photos, I think they might be some of your best. Croatia is very high on my list of places to travel this year… :)