Join Me On The First Everything Everywhere Travel Photography Tour: May 5-19, 2012!

This could be you!

Over the last several years I’ve had many readers comment on how they would like to be able to travel with me. Well, now you have your chance!

From May 5 – May 19, I’ll be leading a travel photography tour through the American Southwest with G Adventures. The 15-day trip will be visiting many of the most scenic and photogenic places in the American Southwest. Here is just a sampling of some of the places we’ll be visiting:

• San Francisco
  • Yosemite Valley
  • Death Valley
  • Las Vegas
  • Zion National Park
  • Bryce Canyon National Park
  • The Grand Canyon
  • Monument Valley
  • San Diego
  • Los Angeles

Monument Valley is one of the places we'll be visiting

In addition to visiting amazing places, I’ll be available for the entire 15 days to work with YOU on your travel photography. We’ll be doing photo activities almost every day of the trip with plenty of great things to photograph.

Here are some more details about the trip:

• Small group of people. Outside of myself and the tour guide, there will only be a maximum of 13 people on the tour. With a small group we will not suffer from the tour bus experience and everyone will be able to get to know each other.
  • Hand on instruction. 15 day trip, 13 people. Do the math. Each person will average over a day of personalized photography instruction with me. We will not only be working on taking photos, but editing photos and displaying them online.
  • You will have a great portfolio. Given the places will be visiting, at the end of 2-weeks you will have a killer portfolio of travel photography images. Even if you just want to decorate the walls of your house with your own photos, this will be your big chance.
  • Share your images with the world. I’ll be creating a special website for the trip and I’ll be highlighting the best images every day during the trip on my blog. Images will be hosted on my favorite hosting site, Smugmug.
  • Great partners. We are currently talking to several companies who will be providing gear and services during the tour. Everyone on the trip will be getting a nice swag bag with stuff they can use. More details will be announced at they come in.
  • Wifi in the van. Did I mention that we’ll have wifi in the vehicle as we cruise down the highway??? Yeah, we’ll have that..

Space is limited. Spots on the trip will be sold on a first come, first serve basis and there are only 13 available.

A digital SLR, tripod and laptop computer are HIGHLY recommended! This is a photography themed trip. If all you have is your iPhone camera, you will not be getting your money’s worth.

Cost of the tour, not including flights is US$2299. Please see the tour page for details.

Before the tour I’ll start a Facebook group for everyone on the trip so we can get to know each other and do some pre-trip planning. We can find out who is using what camera and maybe share lenses.

I’m very excited about this and looking forward to what I hope will be the first of many trips I will take with readers around the world.

Comments

1. Harry says:

Such a nice Pic….

2. Gary,
    Thanks for the awesome picture you send to me, Keep travelling and God Bless

3. Sam says:

Wow! this sounds fantastic. Hopefully you’ll do a trip like this in Australia or New Zealand in the future, getting to the US this year is a bit beyond my budget but I can’t wait to read all about the adventure. Good luck and happy travels.

4. djoumana says:

am from algeria.i really hope to come with but if u can help me. tell me how much is 2299$ =? in algerienn money waiting 4 your answer GOD WRLLING

5. Rahul says:

sounds pretty interesting…so many beautiful places in just 15 days….

6. sandy@shots says:

Looks like an awesome itinerary….looking forward to seeing the images.

7. Moe says:

I would take this trip on locations alone as a tag along! LOL What great portfolios you and your followers will have.

8. Just curious – how many have signed up to date? I think the “lucky 13″ will be on your list way before the deadline. Wish I could be one of them, but health issues have cropped up since my last message here. Oh, well …

9. Sinisa says:

Waiting for the photos from this tour..

10. This is a great idea! you should advertise this trip with Vacations and Cruises Why not stop in the beautiful North West like Washington and Oregon? There are great picture oppurtunities!

11. Very cool plans for an amazingly photogenic trip. I have visited most of these places and your are sure to have a ball.

12. I’m very interested in this tour. I’m currently residing in Saudi Arabia, but I’m from San Diego and I’m in the states couple of times a years, based out of San Diego. And, I think I’ m going to be back in the States during this time period. So, maybe….

13. Ruby Benz says:

good luck in advance for all those who are joining!

14. Ruby Benz says:

this is cool..the places i would love to visit in the US…i would love to join but I still need to save for it…if i will win the lottery, I am good to go! lol!

15. Jeremy says:

I did a tour with G Adventures once a few years ago and loved it (Egypt and Jordan). This trip sounds like it’d be a blast getting photography advice. Shame I have no vacation time left for next year and it is over my wedding day. Gotta have my priorities.

16. Jake says:

Looks like you are hitting some of the best areas of Utah, if you haven’t been there you are in for a few surprises with the uniquely dynamic landscapes. Good luck.

17. Amanda says:

What an awesome tour, Gary! This sounds great. I especially love that Monument Valley is on the list. After traveling around the Southwest this past summer, I really can’t get that place out of my head! It’s really stunning.

18. Natasha says:

What a fantastic idea and opportunity, Gary. Think any of those partners would be interested in sponsoring a collegiate interested in travel photography and writing? Safe travels!

19. RamseyH says:

I’m not into photography so this isn’t “for me,” but just had to say that this is a fantastic idea and I love that you’re doing something both so creative and so personalized.

20. Matt says:

Already saved a spot … I’ve been looking for a great photo-oriented trip for next year and after reading your blog for a long time, this seems to be perfect !!! Congrats on organizing your first tour, Gary.

21. Jeremy says:

Hey Gary- You probably already have places to stay lined up but you may want to look into staying a night or two at the Paria Canyon Guest Ranch near Lake Powell and also close to Zion.

22. Sounds like the tour of my dreams! And the dream job for you ;-)

23. Lanora says:

Awesome itinerary! And a bargain for the number of sites included, considering how many are on my photo bucket list.

24. Sounds terrific, Gary! Now, if only I had the money! (Do you think some folks will be wary of being in a group of 13?)