From May 5 – May 19, I’ll be leading a travel photography tour through the American Southwest with G Adventures. The 15-day trip will be visiting many of the most scenic and photogenic places in the American Southwest. Here is just a sampling of some of the places we’ll be visiting:
- San Francisco
- Yosemite Valley
- Death Valley
- Las Vegas
- Zion National Park
- Bryce Canyon National Park
- The Grand Canyon
- Monument Valley
- San Diego
- Los Angeles
In addition to visiting amazing places, I’ll be available for the entire 15 days to work with YOU on your travel photography. We’ll be doing photo activities almost every day of the trip with plenty of great things to photograph.
Here are some more details about the trip:
- Small group of people. Outside of myself and the tour guide, there will only be a maximum of 13 people on the tour. With a small group we will not suffer from the tour bus experience and everyone will be able to get to know each other.
- Hand on instruction. 15 day trip, 13 people. Do the math. Each person will average over a day of personalized photography instruction with me. We will not only be working on taking photos, but editing photos and displaying them online.
- You will have a great portfolio. Given the places will be visiting, at the end of 2-weeks you will have a killer portfolio of travel photography images. Even if you just want to decorate the walls of your house with your own photos, this will be your big chance.
- Share your images with the world. I’ll be creating a special website for the trip and I’ll be highlighting the best images every day during the trip on my blog. Images will be hosted on my favorite hosting site, Smugmug.
- Great partners. We are currently talking to several companies who will be providing gear and services during the tour. Everyone on the trip will be getting a nice swag bag with stuff they can use. More details will be announced at they come in.
- Wifi in the van. Did I mention that we’ll have wifi in the vehicle as we cruise down the highway??? Yeah, we’ll have that..
Space is limited. Spots on the trip will be sold on a first come, first serve basis and there are only 13 available.
A digital SLR, tripod and laptop computer are HIGHLY recommended! This is a photography themed trip. If all you have is your iPhone camera, you will not be getting your money’s worth.
Cost of the tour, not including flights is US$2299. Please see the tour page for details.
Before the tour I’ll start a Facebook group for everyone on the trip so we can get to know each other and do some pre-trip planning. We can find out who is using what camera and maybe share lenses.
I’m very excited about this and looking forward to what I hope will be the first of many trips I will take with readers around the world.