Myself, Jen Leo and Chris Christensen are joined by this week’s guest Robert Reid from ReidOnTravel.com (recently retired from Lonely Planet). I was on a shoddy internet connection in Croatia so I wasn’t as fully engaged.
This Week’s News:
- Pay As You Weigh Samoa Air
- First airline to charge more for overweight passengers
- FAA ready to power down paranoia over devices?
- Parking at Chicago’s O’Hare airport costs woman $100,000 in fines
- Turns out Google didn’t sell social followers back to Arthur Frommer
- Hacker says phone app could hijack plane
- Bali plane crash: Miracle escape for 108 passengers as plane overshoots runway and lands in the SEA
- Judge disallows $20 million severance to American Airlines chief Tom Horton
- Louvre Shut Due To Violent Gang Of Pickpockets /li>
- World’s Most Expensive Trip Visits Every UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Plane Crash Is April Fool’s Prank In Yucaipa, Calif.
- How to Guarantee an Open Seat Next to You on Your Next American Airlines Flight – Johnny Jet
- Travel News You Can Use – The Travel Industry’s Best April Fools’ Jokes
- Frommer’s guidebooks to live on as Google sells brand to founder
- 44 fun things I did with Lonely Planet
Picks of the week:
- Jen – Legoland Hotel
- Robert – Don’t “be rude to avoid pickpockets”
- Chris – LoseIt.com
- Gary – Croatia