I’m pleased to announce a new sponsor of Everything Everywhere: TripIt!
I’m excited to announce this because I have been a long time user of TripIt. Whenever I’m asked what my favorite travel app is, my immediate answer has always been TripIt. TripIt has become indispensable for keeping track of all my details traveling. In fact, in the past I’ve even joked to my assistant Amy that I don’t consider a flight to be officially booked until I can see it in TripIt.
When TripIt Pro was launched, I became a customer immediately and have been using it ever since. There is not a day when I’m actively traveling that I don’t use TripIt.
Just to give you an idea of how much I rely on TripIt, here is list of how it helped my yesterday as I flew from Milwaukee to San Francisco.
- 24 hours prior to the flight, I was sent an email reminder from TripIt.
- When I checked in at the counter, I got my frequent flyer number off of TripIt. TripIt Pro will store the info for all your loyalty programs and keep the information up to date. If you turn your iPhone sideways while looking at your loyalty info, it will display the info as if it were a card. No need to carry all your cards with you.
- As I was going to the gate, TripIt had up to date information about which gate the flight was taking off from.
- My flight leaving Milwaukee was delayed. TripIt immediately notified me about the delay and issues I might have with my connecting flight.
- When I landed in Atlanta I had only 20 minutes to get to my connecting flight. I had an email waiting for me when I landed from TripIt telling me about the status of my next flight.
- I had to run from concourse B to A. I was able to pull up a map of the Atlanta airport on TripIt to figure out where I was going.
- While I was on the flight, I booked a hotel room through Hotels.com. When I got the confirmation email, I forwarded it to email@example.com and all of the booking information instantly imported into TripIt.
- When I landed in San Francisco, I had a message waiting for me from TripIt telling me which baggage carousell my bag was waiting at.
- When I went to pick up my rental car, all the information including the confirmation number was stored in TripIt.
- When I drove from the airport to my hotel, I was able to pull up a map to the hotel in TripIt and I was then able to instantly get directions to the hotel in Google Maps.
That was just one day of travel.
I’m very picky about which companies I work with. I will only work with companies who have products I’d be willing to spend my own money on. TripIt passes that test with flying colors as I have been a customer and singing their praises for several years.
The TripIt basic service is free to download and is available on iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
My readers can get a free 3-month trial of TripIt Pro. If you travel even a fraction as much as I do, I’m sure you will find the service to be invaluable.