- September 22 – September 28, Toronto, Ontario: I’ll be in Toronto for G Adventures annual corporate meeting in Niagara Falls and on the 27th I’ll be speaking the Future of Travel event in Toronto for UN Travel and Tourism Day. On the 26th I’ll be having a meetup in Toronto and everyone is invited. RSVP on Facebook.
- September 28 – October 12, Ecuador: Latin America has been a weak point in my travel resume and I aim to make up for it in the next 15 months. I’ll be traveling to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands with assistance from Trippy.com. They are a new travel planning startup and I am serving on their board of directory. You can help me plan my trip to Quito and the Galapagos. To get access to the beta version of the site, just use the code word: ARNDT
- October 12 – October 24, New Zealand: I’ll be flying from LA to Auckland to follow the Australian Rugby team at the Rugby World Cup with Qantas. It has been over four years since I was last in New Zealand and I’m looking forward to getting a second chance at taking photos. The last time I was there it was the beginning of their winter. This time it will be in the spring so it should be a totally different set of conditions to shoot in.
- October 24 – November 5, Los Angeles: I’ll be in LA for a bit over a week resting, working and attending the 2011 BlogWorld. I’ll be speaking again on the Travel Track this year. I have no idea where I’ll be staying in LA yet, but I we’ll figure it out before I arrive.
- November 6 – November 11, London: I’ll be taking a very long flight across North American and the Atlantic Ocean to the UK where I will be attending the 2011 World Travel Market. This is one of the biggest travel events in the world and I’m really looking forward to attending. I’m also looking forward to going back to London, which is always a treat. I’m also scheduled to speak at the Social Travel Market the day after the WTM closes.
- November 11 – November 22(?), France and Germany: Eurail.com is giving me a 10 day rail pass in Europe to use as I see fit. Not surprisingly, I’m going to use it to visit many of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites I haven’t visited in France and Germany. On the list of places to visit include: Mont Saint-Michel, the Chartres Cathedral, Château de Chambord and Avignon. I don’t have the details of the route worked out yet, but that is part of the fun of having a pass.
- End of November, ???: Here is where things get a bit murky. I think I’m going to end my train trip in Brittany and take the ferry to the islands of Jersey and Guernsey on the way back to the UK. One option I have is going to Colombia and the other is going up to Scotland. I’ve never been to either place, so I’m not sure what to do at this point.
- December or January, Antarctica: Near the top on places I wish to visit is Antarctica. G Adventures runs cruises to Antarica and I’m thinking I will go there this season. I just don’t know if I’ll go on a trip in December or January yet. Whatever I do during this period will revolve around going to Antarctica. If I have to go in January then I might head to Central America to hang out for a while.
So the next several months will be busy for me. It will put me on 4 continents, give me 10,000′s of frequent flier miles and mix a fair amount of business with exploration. As always, if I’m passing through your town let me know so we can meet up!