The last 7 weeks have been crazy. I don’t think I have done as much in so little time in the four years I’ve been on the road traveling. Just go give you a recap of the last, almost 2 months:
- 14 countries: Czech Republic, Austria, Slovakia, Slovenia, Italy, Croatia, Spain, Switzerland, Germany, Liechtenstein, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey.
- 13 languages: Czech, German, Slovakian, Slovenian, Italian, Croatian, Spanish, Catalonian, Swiss German, Hungarian, Romanian, Bulgarian and Turkish.
- 8 currencies: Czech Crowns, Euros, Croatian Kunas, Swiss Francs, Hungarian Florints, Romanian Leis, Bulgarian Levs and Turkish Lirias.
- I’ve traveled across borders on buses, trains, planes and ships.
- I walked from Europe to Asia….and back.
I haven’t stayed more than 2 days in any city since I landed in Prague (where I stayed a whopping 3).
Needless to say….I am tired.
I’ve really enjoyed the last 4 days in Istanbul. It has quickly become one of my favorite cities and when I revisit my favorite cities list next year, I’m sure it will find a place on it. The Hagia Sophia has quickly found a place on my favorite buildings list as well.
I now have a strong desire to return to Turkey and see more of the country. I’d like to go down the coast to Troy and Ephesus and well as going across the country to Capadocia and up to the Caucuses.
I’m about to get on what is probably going to be one of the worst flights I’ve ever had. I have to board my flight in Istanbul at 12:05am, fly to Berlin where I have to change AIRPORTS then fly to Stuttgart and then on to Vancouver. There is massive potential here for getting my luggage lost. I’ve been really lucky with my luggage the last 4 years and I hope my good luck streak continues.
Once in Vancouver I’ll be speaking/attending the 2011 TBEX conference.
I will also be speaking at the Gap Adventure store in Vancouver on Thursday at 8pm if you would like to come out and talk travel.
On Friday I will be hosting a meet up with my This Week In Travel co-hosts at Il Nido in Vancouver from 1-5pm. The event is open to everyone.
I hope to get back to regular posting schedule soon now that this Europe trip is over. I have a lot of great photos and a lot of great stories from the last 7 weeks.
Please stop by and say hi if you are in Vancouver!