Daily Archives: May 3, 2011
Monday’s Links for Curious People…..on Tuesday
Since I left Venice on Sunday evening, I’ve been sort of AWOL from the internet. While the ship does have internet, it is slow and expensive and yesterday it had some problems. I’m taking a bit of time from my sightseeing in Dubrovnik, Croatia to put up the links I wasn’t able to do on Monday.
Speaking of leaving Venice, our ship sailed right past St. Mark’s Square and I managed to get some great photos from a vantage point which is almost impossible to get if you aren’t on a ship: 10 stories up and in the water.
Here are some things I found interesting this week:
- My latest photo essay on the island of Lanai The Atlantic
- VIDEO: Miss USA Susie Castillo Sexually Assaulted TSA Style You think the end of Osama Bin Laden will end this TSA nonsense? ….yeah, me neither.
- How fire ant rafts work NPR
- The economics of the Star Wars death star OverThinkingIt.com
- Long-awaited car ferry service to Khasab begins
Oman News (I took this ferry when I was in Oman. They purchased the world’s fastest car ferry but were unable to put cars on it because they never built a ramp for the cars to actually load.)
- Last Typewriter Factory in the World Shuts Its Doors The Atlantic
- The Atacama Desert in Chile Bacon is Magic