Daily Archives: April 25, 2011
Monday’s Links for Curious People
Surfing the Internet so you don’t have to. Thanks once again to injured curator Jodi Ettenberg.
- Inside Mount Athos, the holiest place in Orthodox Christianity. CNN
- Hawaii considering a law which will make guidebook authors liable for people who get injured taking their advice. Wall Street Journal
- The US State Department wants to make it harder (if not impossible) to get a passport. Consumer Traveler
- Racial segregation at Carnival in Brazil Brendans Adventures
- War photographers react to deaths in Libya LA Times
- Language, culture and context are intertwined Fluent In 3 Months
- How to get difficult visas Ottsworld
- The New Cold War: Saudi Arabia and Iran Wall Street Journal
- More on the last two speakers of Ayapaneco London Review of Books
- 10 year’s of National Geographic’s photo of the day I’m only 7 years behind!
- Moonset over Rio NASA
- Street food safety in Asia Zester Daily
- The best smoothie lady in Chiang Mai CNN