Daily Archives: April 18, 2011
Monday’s Links for Curious People
Because traveling isn’t an end in itself, here is this week’s installment of things you might find interesting with help from the injured Jodi Ettenberg.
- VIDEO: Penguins are ticklish (Warning: this is very cute)
- The last two speakers of the Ayapaneco language in Mexico refuse to talk to each other.
- VIDEO: Beautiful time lapse over one of Spain’s highest peaks with bonus sandstorm sweeping in from the Sahara
- Why don’t Brazilians emigrate?
- Shannon O’Donnell visits the Great Wall of China
- Expats vs Migrants: What’s the difference?
- Another great 360° panorama, this time from Bangladesh, from Dan and Audrey at UncornedMarket.com
- Kyaiktiyo Pagoda aka The Golden Rock, Myanmar from Deb and Dave of ThePlanetD.com
- VIDEO: Two planes collide on the runway at JFK (no one was hurt)
- Songkran (Thai New Year) in Chiang Mai