Daily Archives: March 28, 2011
My 10 Favorite Experiences
This the ninth installment in a series for my 4th Travelversay Celebration.
This was a very hard list to assemble. I’ll be honest, if I wrote this list on a different day, I might come up with a different order or maybe different experiences altogether.
I ended up picking a list of things which I remember vividly and had and impact on me at the time I did it.
There are a fair number of adventure activities as well as some which really on mean something to me.
Monday’s Links for Curious People
- VIDEO: Hans Rosling and the magic washing machine
- Majestic photo of glaciers in the celestial mountains of Central Asia
- Hiding the Real Africa: Why NGOs prefer bad news
- Agribusiness Pressing States to Criminalize Photographs of Farms
- 20 fun disposable camera hacks from the geniuses at Photojojo
- Our Deafening Silence on the Coast of Africa: Cote D’Ivoire and our Myth of Continents
- VIDEO: The history of Hawaii, as told in plate lunches, by Sarah Vowell
- Defecating dog sparks US shootout
- After a decade of lobbying, Google has won a patent for its Google Doodles
- Interactive 3D model of Solar System Planets and Night Sky
- Northern Lights, as seen from space. Totally amazing
- A special (awesome) cutting board for the OCD chefs among us
- Google Earth’s new 3D function has modified bridges, uh, just slightly
- Japanese mafia groups aid relief efforts by shipping in vital supplies