- The Economist on Japan & the economics of natural disaster
- Terrific photoessay from this year’s Iditarod sled dog race (bonus northern lights photo too!)
- The world’s greatest extra (he’s in everything) – a video mashup
- Cameras have shrunk over time, but they’ve never been this small
- First-person account from surgeon who removed his own appendix in Antarctica
- Peru has rebranded itself. Sleek logo is a nice change.
- A Simple Model of Cults of Personality
With thanks once again to the indomitable Jodi Ettenberg for compiling this week’s links.