Daily Archives: March 21, 2011
My 10 Favorite Cuisines
This the sixth installment in a series for my 4th Travelversay Celebration.
All of these lists are subjective, but this is probably going to be the most subjective.
For starters, I’m not really a foodie. I’d like to think that I am, but I’m not. I don’t obsess about food. I don’t take photos of food. I don’t collect recipes.
Second, I can’t eat wheat. I have an intolerance to gluten so that means I don’t eat a lot of foods. That has a dramatic effect on what I like to eat.
Finally, I’m painting with an extremely broad brush. I am well aware that there are differences between northern and southern Indian food, or between Hunan or Szechuan cuisine.
Monday’s Links for Curious People
- The Economist on Japan & the economics of natural disaster
- Terrific photoessay from this year’s Iditarod sled dog race (bonus northern lights photo too!)
- The world’s greatest extra (he’s in everything) – a video mashup
- Cameras have shrunk over time, but they’ve never been this small
- First-person account from surgeon who removed his own appendix in Antarctica
- Peru has rebranded itself. Sleek logo is a nice change.
- A Simple Model of Cults of Personality
With thanks once again to the indomitable Jodi Ettenberg for compiling this week’s links.