The last 10 days have were an amazing experience and I have to give a big thanks to South Africa Tourism for the opportunity to visit a country which had been high on my list of places to visit.
Here is a short list of some of the things I did and saw in South Africa:
- Went swimming with great white sharks
- Visited my 123rd UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Went on my first hot air ballon flight
- Took an overnight train from Cape Town to Johannesburg
- Went rafting on the Orange River
- Visited the 2nd largest waterfall in Africa: Augrabies Falls
- Witnessed the live capture of a sable antelope which included a vet shooting a tranquilizer dart from a helicopter
- Saw zebras, giraffes, multiple species of antelope, seals and penguines
- Got kissed by an elephant (which is more action than I’ve gotten in years)
- Got enough frequent flyer miles to make it to the Premier level of the United frequent flyer program
I also had the opportunity to travel with some great people: David, Lori, Shannon, Mary Frances, Sean and Sara.
I took about 2,000 photos while I was in South Africa and I’ll be spending the next few weeks editing them. There are about a half-dozen articles I’ll be posting once I have my photos edited, so stay tuned. This week should be packed with writing and photo editing, so expect a flood of posts this week.
I’ll be in Wisconsin for the next 5 days until I leave for Toronto on October 1.