After 32 hours of airports and airplanes, I am back from South Africa.
The last 10 days have were an amazing experience and I have to give a big thanks to South Africa Tourism for the opportunity to visit a country which had been high on my list of places to visit.
Here is a short list of some of the things I did and saw in South Africa:
- Went swimming with great white sharks
- Visited my 123rd UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Went on my first hot air ballon flight
- Took an overnight train from Cape Town to Johannesburg
- Went rafting on the Orange River
- Visited the 2nd largest waterfall in Africa: Augrabies Falls
- Witnessed the live capture of a sable antelope which included a vet shooting a tranquilizer dart from a helicopter
- Saw zebras, giraffes, multiple species of antelope, seals and penguines
- Got kissed by an elephant (which is more action than I’ve gotten in years)
- Got enough frequent flyer miles to make it to the Premier level of the United frequent flyer program