Most of my readers haven’t been following me since the start of my trip. What I’m going to try to do is periodic updates where I can share some of the things I was doing/seeing one and two years ago, in late April of 2007 and 2008.
It also gives me a good excuse to go back and correct the formatting of the photos I originally posted and move the links from Flickr to SmugMug. (My early photos didn’t even fit on the page).
Two Years Ago: Hawaii
- Some of the first lessons I learned traveling were in Hawaii.
- I visited South Point on the Big Island, which is one of my favorite places on Earth.
- My visit to the summit of Mauna Kea, the highest point in Hawaii and in the Pacific.
- My day on the summit of Haleakala on Maui
- My drive on the Hana Coast road in Maui.
One Year Ago: Australia
- A short video of the highest waterfall in Australia: Wallaman Falls in Queensland.
- My first dive on the Great Barrier Reef in the Whitsunday Islands
- A summary of my trip to Fraser Island, the world’s largest sand island and World Heritage Site.
- My experience of ANZAC Day in Australia.