Gary is currently in Barcelona, Cataluña (Dec 4th, 2014)

Everything Everywhere Named Top 10 Travel Blog by National Geographic TV

Everything Everywhere was just named as one of the Top 10 Travel Blogs by National Geographic TV. This means a lot to me just because I am a huge National Geographic fan. When I sold my house and packed up my stuff, I had two pallets loaded with National Geographic magazines, videos, books and other memorabilia. I even own one of the few original, unbound copies of Issue 1, Number 1 of National Geographic Magazine. Needless to say, this means a lot to me. In no small part, National Geographic was a big inspiration for what I wanted to do, and still want to do. (In fact one of my goals is to someday get a photo published in National Geographic.)

This is especially nice considering the power supply on my laptop died today and now I’ll have to go to Tel Aviv to get it fixed. If anyone knows how I can get this addressed in Jerusalem, I’m all ears. If there are delays or gaps in getting content up in the next few days, you know why.

Jerusalem has been really busy the last few days. Passover has started, there was a special sunrise that drew tons of Jews to the old city for a once every 28 years blessing, families are walking about in the old city tonight dressed in their good clothes, and pilgrims are converging for Easter. Tomorrow I plan on taking photos at the stations of the cross on the Via Dolorosa. I think it is going to be crowded and I don’t know where I’ll try to set up yet.

Comments

1. ameyer13 says:

I am totally addicted to National Geographic and like to have access to it everywhere I go. I happen to be an employee of DISH network so I have been able to get the new sling adapter and the free application for my iPhone so I can make sure to never miss a show! I recommend this new technology to everyone out there who travels!

2. oztravel says:

Congratulations, thats a huge effort, getting honoured by NG is very special. I love their magazines and own a few but nearly as many as you. Enjoy your travels!

3. Erik Rolfsen says:

Congratulations, Gary. I’ve only just discovered your blog, but I can see that it’s going to keep me busy for a while! Hoping to pick up some pointers in case I land the Best Job In The World. Cheers, Erik.

4. Vinko says:

Congratulation! This is a well deserved honor. I wish I had the guts to do what you’ve done for the past 2 years.

5. Thanks for following me on Twitter! You have an amazing concept and site, and you write well. Journey on! Maybe we’ll cross paths one day, even though I tend to take the path more traveled. :)

6. kaki_travel says:

It’s nice to read about your experiences. Hoping to read more from your ventures.

7. congratulations. I love your blog and i’m glad you got the recognition for it!
    The Travel Expert(a) and an Expat with a Twist

8. Wow!! Congrats Gary!! woooohooo!! You deserve it. I too (as a photojournaist) long to have a photo in National Geographic someday… I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. You’ve got it in you. The “perfect” photo will appear and you’ll know it. At least they’re seeing YOUR work. That’s a good thing.

9. Nicci says:

Many, MANY congrats!!! I just recently discovered your site and became an instant follower. Keep it up :)

10. Congratulations! That’s an accolade with some weight to it and certainly brings your goal of a published NGM photo a little closer within reach!

11. iris says:

congratulations gary! i admit i haven’t been as faithful in catching up with your posts, but reading you every now and then really makes me agree with NGC :) you provide a lot of man-on-the-street info on places that’s hard to find out from travel websites. :) and i envy your travel and photo opps as well one of my dreams is to work for NGC :)

12. Alan says:

Well deserved congratulations. But I don’t understand their inclusion of Dark Roasted Blend??? That site is more like my own blog http://www.RobotNine.com – weird stuff, odd images, art, funny things. Not travel. The other nine were good choices and yours and Andy Hobo the only tow I LOVE!

13. Amanda says:

Congratulations that is SO exciting!! :)

14. @pompoB says:

That’s great news Gary, keep up the killer work and one day we’
    ll see some of your shots on NG ( or even you maybe!!)

That is one of my dreams too, get published in NG!

Laterz pompoB (on twitter @pompoB)

15. MousE says:

Congratulations, GAry!

That is welcome news.

On the other hand, I hope your laptop gets fixed quickly and cheaply..

16. Kevin says:

My dad has a lifetime subscription to National Geographic, but I don’t know how much it cost back then. Checking today, it’s $850, which still sounds mighty reasonable.

17. Nate says:

Congrats Gary! That is just fantastic.

18. BenSpark says:

That is excellent! I’m so happy for you!

19. Trish Hamme says:

Way to go !!!!!!!!!!! Awesome !

20. Congratulations, Gary. That is quite an honor.

Follow me on Twitter @Nancydbrown

21. Cathryn Gray says:

Congrats!! That’s extremely exciting!! :)

22. Congratulations!!! You deserve it! Way to go!